Monday, September 5, 2011

Some of My Favorite Products




So I thought I would do a post on what I've been loving this past month. I guess a sort of late August favorites. And now I can actually post some current pictures too because I finally got a new camera! My old one was so scratched up and lame that I had to upgrade and what perfect opportunity than now because I have all of my birthday money :)

So the first thing I've been in love with is the e.l.f studio eyebrow kit in medium. I never knew how to fill in my eyebrows just right nor have I ever tried, but when I saw this in my local Target I just had to try it. I thought it was going to be difficult trying to put the gel base on first, but suprisingly it was easy! I'm usually a klutz when it comes to stuff like that and even tough the gel part looks dark and scary it actually goes on smooth and semi dark so if you mess up it's no big deal. Then there is the powder right next to the gel that you use to set it. I thought the powder was going to make my eyebrows look scary and cakey, but it didn't it made them look soft and less harsh than just having the gel on. It comes with a little brush, one side has an angled brush for the gel application and the other side a more fluffier brush for the powder. If you are new to filling in your eyebrows and don't know the first thing about it I would recommend this product! It works amazing and stays put!

The second thing is Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment. I got this from Ulta when I was looking for something for my super dry newly blond hair and I came across this little miracle in a bottle! Let me tell you if you haven't tried this stuff you must! I usually put a small amount in my hair right after I comb it while my hair is still damp and it makes it feel amazing and soft, but today in the shower I mixed a little in with my daily conditioner and OMG was I even more amazed! It worked with the conditioner to make my hair even softer and more moisturized than ever before. It says that it cuts down drying time, but I haven't noticed anything too drastic yet. A little goes a long way with this stuff!

Number three is a perfume I got last month as an early birthday present. It's Lovestruck by Vera Wang. Ok let me tell you I've been a huge fan of Vera Wangs perfumes ever since she came out with Princess. In high school I think I went through about 5 bottles of it, I loved it so much. I was excited that she came out with a new fragrance other than the spin offs of Princess (I have all of those too and I love them). Not to mention I love Leighton Meester, who is the spokes model for the fragrance, so it was a no brainer that I had to get it. I don't like floral scents at all! This one is kind of sweet with with a little spice and a teeny tiny hint of floral, but I got over that. It smells wonderful! And the packaging! How cute is that??

And finally the last product that I've been in love with is Oragnix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil. I saw this on a youtube video by makeupbymel and I just had to try it! It smells amazing and makes my hair sooooooo soft! Unlike the macadamia oil this is a cream that you put on your dry hair before you get in the shower and let it sit in for about 5 minutes then rinse it out. The first time I used it it was in heaven! It's so creamy and rich you just know it's going to work. And after you get out of the shower your hair smells amazing and fells so soft and smooth you won't be able to stop running your fingers through it!

Sorry I typed so much! But those are my favorite products for now! Follow me on twitter @girl_simplyy if you have any questions feel free to ask away! Have a great day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment